Monday, December 27, 2010

First Signing: My New Book


I am so excited that I'll be signing my first children's book, Hummingbirds: Facts and Folklore from the Americas, at the American Library Association conference in San Diego. It's coming up soon and I hope some of our blog friends will be there to meet me. I'll be at the Charlesbridge booth (#1808) on Sunday, January 9 at 2:00 p.m.


As a librarian I've been on the fan side of the table many times but as an author I have to admit to some trepidations. I've been trying out different pens to find one that I can consistenly write "nicely" with. Also what do I say? The book is about hummingbirds and includes a lot of pourquoi (a hard word to spell!) stories. I'd love to hear some thoughts on what to write so speak up! I promise to share some photos and my thoughts after the fact. Now, if I can just keep my knees from knocking long enough to pack.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could be there, Jeanette! I really love signing with gel pens. Is there a line from the book you could use? (IDK, like "wings and wishes"...)Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo, Jeanette! Wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes....just realized that the title page is a very dark color so I need a white or silver pen. Back to Office Depot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will do great...just be yourself.

    ReplyDelete