Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's ok to draw on the walls at the Bull Street Library in Savannah




This weekend I had the honor of being featured in the Savannah Children’s Book Festival. I had a ball! What a fantastic, well organized and attended festival,
clearly one of the best. On Friday evening, there was an author’s dinner held at the Bull Street Library, and I was asked to draw something -- anything -- on the wall of the children’s room. My brain froze. I had no
idea what to draw. I needed an assignment, a story, a purpose.

I explained my dilemma to author Elizabeth Dulemba (a longtime blog buddy), who gave me that Mr. Stupid look, and then gave me an assignment: Draw your new puppy, The Animal that I so lovingly tweet about almost daily (Grrrr!). So that’s what I did.

And here's what others have done:



Elizabeth gets all elaborate.



Lane Smith add a bit of detail to a horse wall hanging.

2 comments:

  1. SO Awesome to finally meet you in person Don!!! And Bella turned out ADORABLE! :) e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy, Elizabeth! Bella did turn out adorable. :) The drawings are so fun!

    ReplyDelete