Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 9th when the Austin SCBWI Chapter will meet at beautiful St. Edwards University to enjoy an incredible day at the page. The focus of this one-day workshop is to hone the skills required to spit-polish your fine manuscripts and illustrations to radiant perfection. Austin SCBWI has gathered a fabulous team of highly successful illustrators and authors who, through presentations and/or valuable one-on-one critiques or portfolio reviews, will generously share their tips for publishing success!
The Presentation/Review Team includes:
- Lisa Wheeler has written 17 books for children. Her most recent picture book for Atheneum is the hilarious Castaway Cats, illustrated by Ponder Gombel. Learn more about Lisa on her website at www.lisawheelerbooks.com.
- Sarah Sullivan who has written three picture books. Her latest, Passing Music Down, published by Candlewick is forthcoming very soon. Learn more about Sarah on her website at www.sarahsullivanbooks.com.
- Stephanie Greene is a master of the series chapter book. Stephanie has written the Moose and Hildy and Owen Foote series, several middle-grade novels, has earned Horn Book’s coveted starred review for her latest…Happy Birthday Sophie Hartley. Learn more about Stephanie at www.stephaniegreenebooks.com.
- Don Tate who is an illustrator of children’s books and educational products. His background includes illustration as well as graphic design in the areas of advertising, educational publishing, and visual journalism. Learn more about Don at www.dontate.com.
- Laura Jennings who is a freelance illustrator living in Austin, Texas.
Download the promotional brochure listing affordable fee scale, schedule of events, and portfolio and manuscript review information. Click here for the Picture Perfect Workshop brochure.
Note that reservation spaces for one-on-one manuscript and portfolio reviews are limited. Sign up right away to assure a spot!