Sunday, January 10, 2010

Critique Contest from The Texas Sweethearts

We Texas Sweethearts just recently finished doing an awesome critique for the Bridget Zinn auction, and we got to thinking:

Wouldn't it be fun to do a contest for a critique on our blog?

Of course, the overwhelming answer was yes, so that's exactly what we're doing. We're giving away a critique!

Here are the details. It's really very, very easy, we promise you.

1) Follow our blog—you know, the cute little pictures of faces over on the right. So the deal is you have to be a follower to enter.

2) Comment on this post before the end of the day Sunday, January 17, 2010. We're guessing not all followers will want to enter, but for those interested, leave a comment here telling us so.

3) Win!

Okay, so there will only be one winner this time around, but you never know what the future will hold.

Critique specifics include 10 pages of a manuscript and a query letter. If your synopsis is short enough (say three pages or less), you can throw that in for good measure. One member of the Texas Sweethearts will critique your pages and get back to you.

So that's all there is to it. Remember to follow us and leave your comment before the end of the day on Sunday, January 17, 2010.
And good luck!

26 comments:

  1. Thanks for running this fantastic contest! I'm so glad I found your blog. You sound cheery and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to get y'all take so count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already a follower....would love to win

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great contest to run!! I'd love to enter and have one of you read through a chapter.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is a great idea! I'd love to have some fabulous advice on a piece of mine. Soo cool. I'll be sure to tweet it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a follower. I'd love some feedback on my ms. Great contest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to have one of you critique my writing AND my query. Thanks for running this contest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd definitely love to win the critique. Thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great contest! I'd love feedback on both items!
    jessicacapelle at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this is great. Thanks for the chance.

    -Lauren
    lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the contest, and I am a follower, ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the contest and helping me with my New Year's resolution to click the follow button on the blogs I follow like this one. I would love to win a critique.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Contests are great! Who wouldn't want a chance to win a free critique?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a good contest and you've made this one super easy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please include me! I'd love to win a critique -- and I suspect I really need one too...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Count me in! I'd love some expert insight on current revisions. :)

    Lindsey S

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never has a Texan been so sweet, I hope to win and receive the much needed critique.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm signing up to be a follower. Count me in on your contest. Great interview with Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd love a critique. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed your interview with Casey. I'm all in for your contest!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd love a critique from one of you! Please put my name in the hat! :) Thanks!

    Lori
    www.loricalabrese.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didn't even know about this blog (sorry PJ. I don't know how I missed the memo). What an exciting contest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey, I like Texans! I even married one. Glad to be a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for hosting this contest! Every little bit helps! ;)

    ReplyDelete